How to migrate Out’n About serversMitchell Sholly
- Back up your database files
- OutAbout.wdb (user database)
- OutAbout.wdm (user contact information)
- OutAbout.wdh (user status history for reporting)
- Write down your Out’n About Registration key
- On the server, right click the system tray icon for Out’n About Server Monitor.
- Your registration key is available in the “About…” menu
- Install the newest version of Out’n About on your new server
- Overwrite the database files with your old server’s database
- Test the new environment by migrating a small number of users
- When environment is confirmed working, you can define a group policy to point all users to the new server’s IP address. Instructions available above.
- Delete the old server installation, per your license agreement.
- You also may need to restart the Out’n About Service Monitor, not necessarily the app itself, but the start/stop button
- If step 8 doesn’t start showing your new database, quit the Out’n About Service Monitor and re-launch it while running as an administrator.